This two-story community center is the first “green building” in Allegany County, Maryland and features an exercise room, state-of-the-art commercial kitchen, computer training lab, multi-purpose room/dining area, and offices. Besides the landscaped second floor terrace, the main roof is a green vegetated roof consisting of over 1000 2’x2’ plant pods. Exterior sunshades are used on the south and east elevation windows to reduce solar radiation. The geothermal heating system is a ground source heat pump system which required 12 drilled wells building site, each about 550 feet deep. Another thermal feature includes a spray-on air barrier on the exterior walls of the building prior to the brick masonry and metal panel installation. The building ultimately achieved LEED Gold Certification.